Ancillary Task one scrutiny

After creating my first Ancillary task - the Website homepage - I went back to my focus group for some feedback, on what I had done.
The first comment I picked up on was the forms and conventions of a general film website. It was something I myself hadn't actually noticed; It was bought to my attention that there was no ownership featured on the website, therefore it did break some conventions of a film website. - Evidently this wasn't something I had intended on doing, therefore my next task will be to go back to my ancillary task and make a few tweaks,so to make sure my website fits the forms and conventions of a Website Homepage for a film.
The rest of the feedback i was given was very positive, i was complimented on the use of social networking links and the use of an interactive design - an influence from the Grown Ups Homepage.

I myself had noticed that i hadn't explained my reasoning for having the sub-heading of 'Hazard perception'. I realised this after a girl in my Focus group asked me if the name of my film was 'L for Lunatic' or 'Hazard Perception', of course the name is 'L for Lunatic'.
Therefore it is on necessary for me to clarify that the reason I have chosen to use the heading 'Hazard Perception' is to add to the narrative of my film - The fact it is a film initially about a driving instructor, therefore I wanted to design my website around the idea of a learner driver website, so by adding in the heading of Hazard perception it's relative to a theory test which creates a play on words adding hints towards the plot of my film. - Without giving away too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment