Planning

I'm currently starting research and planning for my teaser trailer. I've drawn up a rough copy of a questionnaire; I will hand out my questionnaire to a number of different year groups that are studying Media. This way I will be getting a various amount of answers from more than just one age group, and this will benefit me in finding my targeted audience. I have used questions that will encourage people's own opinions, rather than using questions with answers for the students to pick from. This enhances my chances of creating a trailer that will be better suited to the audience I decide on.
A teaser trailer is very self-explanatory the key is in the name 'Teaser', unlike the theatrical trailer it is there to tempt the audience into watching the film without giving away too much. The teaser trailer is always released before the theatrical trailer and shows the best and key moments in a film. Generally a teaser trailer will last for the duration of 30-60 seconds in total.I have watched a number of different trailers, both teaser and theatrical trailers, in order to get a brief idea of what I should be looking out for.
• Fast paced
• Quick editing
• Key music
• Small amounts of significant/funny dialogue
• Build up to a climax
• Abrupt ending
• Bold large titles
• Slow start, gradual pace increase

No comments:

Post a Comment