Social Networking Website


• Poster main focal point
• Links to the trailer and into the site
• You can pick your country so that the language changes to suit you
• Name of the film doesn’t seem to be a focal point
• ‘in theatres now’
• Small worded review’s on a widget from newspaper
• You can check showing times
• Share with Facebook

Again like the poster I find the layout of this very odd, it does break a lot of forms and conventions, given that the name of the film never seems to be relevant, it’s almost as if the creators of this film don’t won’t you to understand what the film is going to be about, you are very much left in the dark. The fact the background eats up the whole main area makes you feel really alone and almost disorientated. It does make me want to see the film however. I think the fact you aren’t given any massive hints and tips to what is going to be going on in this film it becomes the main reason you are left wanting to watch it and find out what really is going on. The poster is featured on the website, so again there is no further information than we got on the poster. Unlike the other websites you cannot find out about the film, you are redirected to the ‘main site’ which is just full of videos and pictures, so they really have made it so you can’t find out about the film unless you go and see it. Quite a brave move I’d say because you’ll either have people that think well I can’t be bothered to see it if I don’t know what it’s going to be about, but then you’ll have the other half that think I really want to know what this is about, it’s had good reviews so I’ll watch it.
Obviously you do have the decision to watch the trailer on this website, so by watching that I’m sure there will be a lot of hints and ideas going on that will give you more a feel to what the film will be about. Over all I did like this website because it’s so unknown, but at the same time I get the same feeling from the Paranormal Activity 2 poster, which made me think it was bland.

No comments:

Post a Comment