Filming/editing

After my first day of filming I went back to my computer ready to start editing my film trailer. I started to have a few problems with the files of my film clips – the film clips weren’t supported by Adobe premiere, my favoured piece of software, therefore I decided to try out Window Live Movie Maker. I imported all my images, video clips and sound clips onto Movie Maker and got to work on putting it altogether. After my first draft of my trailer I decided that Window Live Movie Maker just wasn’t suitable editing software because of the fact I was unable to reach some of my expectations. The software didn’t allow me to add extra voice clips to re adjust the sound quality and add music to add punch to the trailer. I was left feeling very disappointed with my first draft.
I decided it was time to report back to my feedback group and see what their opinions were on my first draft.
“Good choice of music, set the pace and matched the clips”
“Transitions could be tweaked slightly to make it a little punchier, rather than drifting through with fades and dissolves”
“The sound on the video clips is mashing into the soundtrack creating a tinny noise – This needs to be changed perhaps with the voice re-recorded and put over the top of the previous audio”
“I think you should try and re order some of the clips and see what else you could get out of it”
“Music’s great, sound quality isn’t”
“Love the shots, nice range, but I don’t feel that this software is a good enough all round package”
“I think if you were to use a more advanced piece of software you would get a better quality trailer”

A lot of the feedback I received was as I expected, they could all see where the trailer was heading, yet they like myself felt that the software I was using wasn’t allowing me to do what I had first intended. When they compared the trailer to my storyboard it was clear to see that the software really had cut me short.





After filming all the shots I need for my planned Teaser trailer, I went on to editing. After a quick piece together, with no effects or any flashy editing, I decided I wanted to add more to the trailer - I felt I needed to expand my narrative, therefore I needed to draw up and edited storyboard considering what I could chop/change and add in to create a Trailer I would be happy with.
This was my first obstacle - refilimg/adding.
The second was my editing software...
I started out using the new Movie Maker, which is the Windows Live Movie Maker, however after trying to speed u a video clip I found I was unable to therefore I had to find the 2.6 version which would enable me to speed up the video clip, but unfortunately the transitions aren't as slick on the lower version of Windows Movie Maker.




Another fault I found was that the 2.6 version lowered the video and sound qualities, so again this wasn't and ideal version for me. The two versions aren't suitable for my needs. Only if they were converged would they be suitable for me, though still not the standard I require.
It is very clear to see Windows Movie Maker is just not a good enough piece of software for me.

Adobe premiere was my first choice of software, though the video clips I had taken weren't supported by premiere, so this is why I tried out Movie Maker (Trial and error... big error) In order for me to carry on with my first plans of using premiere I had to buy a video converter which I found on google - though it cost me £30 to buy it did do the job well!
So after a trial and error, retrying and succeeding I'm now ready to adjust my story board!

No comments:

Post a Comment