Week 12 & 13

Pre-filming

Today I have started to develop my ideas for my trailer; I am starting to plan the set up and the plot of my film. I have decided to take a different approach to my trailer so that my desired audience that will be watching my trailer will be taken on a different track and will be unsure of what is actually going on. I want to kick start my trailer with the use of Voice over as I feel a lot of the successful comedy genre trailers use voice over and manage to create a holistic and comforting atmosphere. The soundtrack for my trailer is going to need to be very specific and well linked to my plot as I feel that the soundtrack to a film really sets the whole tone and mood, and as I have found from my research, others have that same opinion.
I’m currently in the process of creating and planning my storyboard, so I have been considering different camera shots and angles. Because a lot of my trailer is going to be shot inside a car the majority of my pictures will need to be mid shot or close ups, but I feel that by using these shots I will still be able to incorporate some low angled shots of my driver, creating domination and power. I am hoping to start doing some test shots and experimenting for my film within the upcoming week. By starting test shots and draft pieces it will help to get more of a polished end effect, this way I can learn from trial and error and hopefully come out with something that I am very happy with. Because my trailer is only going to be going on for a maximum of 90 seconds I don’t want to shoot anymore than 10 minutes of film time, otherwise I will be cutting into editing time.
When editing my trailer I shall use Adobe Premiere © for the moving image side of editing, however I may need to adjust sound which will involve me using Adobe Audition ©, this will allow me to further edit sound levels and background noise to a small degree. I want my trailer to sound and look polished therefore I may need to redo the sound at a later date, as the microphone on my camera will probably pick up quite a bit of background noise that I don’t want to be heard in my polished trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment