Week 18 & 19

Filming

After successfully shooting the inside of the car shots with my two characters, I decided to move onto the opening of the trailer – This evidently was a lot harder than I had previously anticipated. Because I was shooting on a busy main road I found it very difficult to shoot the church and pan down to an empty road. Because of this I decided to relocate so what before I planned to be a Church Cathedral is now the town hall. Despite the fact I have had to change the setting, I am still confident it will give across the same message that my film is based in a quiet town.
Another problem I had with this section of filming was getting the timing perfect with the car coming into the shot; I wanted the car to come into shot straight after the full shot of the Town Hall; however this was again difficult because there was still traffic around this road. On my first attempt I filmed the Town Hall and zoomed out into the entrance of the car. Unfortunately this didn’t work as other car’s came into shot and the motion didn’t look right. I then went onto to filming in two sections, so I got the whole of the Town Hall, cut and then got the shot of the car.
I took various amounts of shots of the car and Town Hall, each from different angles and different speeds. I chose a faster clip of the Town Hall as I felt it built up pace ready for the entrance of the car and that is exactly what I was looking to do. With the car entrance I wanted to go for a less steady and unfocused shot, so to create the ‘Lunatic’ vibe. So I chose a shot I had taken without my tripod, I definitely preferred the current clip as it looks as if the entrance of the car is unplanned and irregular for the particular setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment