Week 21 & 22

Costume



Costume is a very important part of narrative, therefore before shooting the in car scene, with my two main characters I needed to decide on what costume I wanted them to wear. Originally I wanted to show the Driving instructor in a plane black shirt with an 'L' badge - but I then decided it looked to set up and cliche. I then decided to go for the black and white colour scheme - White symbolising innocence (protagonist) and black symbolising danger/ bad (antagonist). I wanted both the characters in coats as I felt it looked more formal, along with showing the time of the year perhaps. The coats I gave them to wear were both grey, this shows relation in the characters - the fact that the driving instructor will be molding his learner driver into a killer, therefore the colour grey meets in between black and white showing a state of contentment. Unfortunately in the shot you can't quite see the colour of the learner driver's blouse (white) but the black t-shirt on the Driving instructor is clearly vi sable.

No comments:

Post a Comment